Re: mount /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device

Ioana Glitia wrote:
> The floppy is read with no problems by the suse 9.2 on my pc.

It is not that unusual for a floppy to work in one computer drive but
not in another.  They are sensitive to the alignments of the heads in
the device.

In any case, let me suggest mtools.  I don't really like mounting and
unmounting the floppies.  They are too unreliable for me to make a
permanent part of my filesystem.

  apt-get show mtools

Those programs will allow you to access floppies with the MS-DOS style
commands.

  mdir a:
  mcopy a:/file.txt .

And so forth.  Since this is not a full filesystem mount you might
have better luck with them.  Regardless they are an alternate paradigm
of access; on that I prefer.

Bob