Re: mount /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device

The floppy is read with no problems by the suse 9.2 on my pc.

Joerg Beyer wrote:

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 12:08:12AM +0200, Ioana Glitia wrote:
I've installed the base system of Debian (from the 20 floppy disks) on my IBM 755C Thinkpad (it has no cd-rom and only 20 MB RAM as I said in a different mail). When I try to mount a floppy disk it says:

end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 64
/dev/fd0: Input/output error

looks like a bad floppy. You could try to read them on another
computer (but different floppy drives may judge different on
that floppy).

   hope that helps
   Joerg

end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 0
mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device

Did I go wrong somewhere at the installation? Could someone explain me what the error means?

Ioana