Re: poor tft display/misconfiguration. some hints?

Op di 04-01-2005, om 00:06 schreef Leonardo Canducci:
> quite strange: driver is i830 (lsmod output) and not i810 (not even
> compiled).

i830 is the drm driver from the kernel. Don't worry about it; it'll be
replaced by the i915 in the future. A much better name, don't you think?
:-)
You can check the output of /var/log/XFree86.0.log to see if the i810
driver loads without problems.

> Since intel855gm graphics adapter is quite common in centrino laptops I'd
>  like some advice from other users.

I think you have to be somewhat more precise. I have the 855GME chipset,
and I'm happy with the 'performance'. My XF86Config-4 looks like the
sections you quoted. But there is more in there, ofcourse.
As long as you run your LCD on its native resolution, the quality should
be OK. If not, it might be the screen itself.

If you have specific questions, try to give as much relevant information
as possible and try to state what it is you're trying to achieve.

Koen