ndiswrapper and hotplug

I'd like to try out ndiswrapper on my Netgear W511v1 card.
I'm currently using the prism54 driver which is loaded via
a hotplug event.

What I'm not clear on is how to setup ndiswrapper so that it's used
instead of prism54 -- and how I can set up the machine so I can
switch between using the two drivers.

The other problem is I can't seem to get the Netgear Windows drivers
unpacked.  I can unzip the downloaded .exe, but then I end up with
another .exe that is not an archive.  I don't have Windows or wine
available -- so is there another way to get the drivers?

I also just posted a question to the hotplug list asking for help with
why no hotplug events are generated when I remove my card.  Removing
the card doesn't generate any events, so I have to reboot to get the
card working again.  Any ideas what might be the problem?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org