Re: orinoco wireless with WEP under kernel 2.6.14-2-686

Also sprach Richard Lyons <richard@the-place.net> (Wed, 28 Dec 2005
18:33:11 +0000):
> I have been trying to get this setup configured for a while now, with
> some help on debian-user, but seem to be missing a vital insight.
>
> Thinkpad 600E, Kernel 2.6.14-2-686, sid, orinoco wifi card.
> Wifi card talks to the Netgear DG834G router when security is
> disabled, but when I turn WEP on it doesn't connect.
> [...]
> /etc/network/interfaces has
>
>     iface eth0 inet dhcp
>     wireless-essid Coigxxxxxxxx
>     wireless-key xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xx

Switch off DHCP for now.

Have your tried to leave those  "-" out? Anyway, both should do.

Also use wireless-mode managed (or auto)
             wireless-channel xx
             wireless-key restricted xx128bitxx (or open) (or just the key)
..in /e/n/i.

sl ritch