Re: small screen area on Toshiba Satellite

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 08:53 -0600, Ray Lozano wrote:
> > Maybe posting /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and /var/log/XFree86.0.log would
> > help us help you! :-)
> Thanks, Koen. Here they are. -Ray
> Section "Screen"
> 	Identifier	"Default Screen"
> 	Device		"Generic Video Card"
> 	Monitor		"Generic Monitor"
> 	DefaultDepth	24
> 	SubSection "Display"
> 		Depth		1
> 		Modes		"800x600" "640x480"
> 	EndSubSection

I expect that your screen at least supports 1024x768. So, try adding
"1024x768" to these Modes lines. I only quote one of them, but you
should add it to all Modes lines in the Screen section.

I see that you are using the vesa driver. I expect the savage driver to
give better results. So, you could change the Driver in the Device
section to 'savage' (or make a new Driver section, with a different
identifier, and use this in the Screen section).

Koen