From: Ognjen Bezanov [mailto:ognjen@mailshack.com]
Sent: 02 December 2005 14:16
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Help to install graphical environment on Hyundai 255KI 15.

Rumble, Lee Craig wrote:

>Think you might find he hasn't installed x-window-system or build-dep
>
>Kde sucks stick to gnome :)

Not to start a flamewar, but...

I have been using gnome for the last 5 years, and frankly I have decided

to switch because of its bugginess. I lived with it until I borrowed a
friends laptop with KDE, and used it for a few months without a single
major issue. Under gnome I am constantly having nautilus lockup and
requiring an entire reboot of the system to fix. This issue has existed
on five different systems (three Desktops. two laptops) under 3
different linux distros (debian, gentoo and fedora) of which one was not

installed by me.

Its a shame though, because I prefer the way gnome looks to KDE, I just
wish they would fix this bug

Oh, and Ubuntu was the only linux distro where I didnt have an issue
with gnome, well done guys!