Re: Software and kernel modules for Linksys WPC54G / WPC54GS

Nico Gulden wrote:

The WPC54G will not work with native linux drivers at all.  You will
either need the linuxant wlan driver or the ndiswrapper.  I've used
both with this particular card and it works pretty well.  One of the
things in my particular setup is that I could never get acpi to do
suspends correctly with the linuxant driver (driverloader) loaded so I
would use a small utility that linuxant provides to unload the driver
in an acpi script.  After the suspend with a lid close or whatever, I
would re-insert the module and things would be back up and running.

I don't recall if I had similar issues with ndiswrapper.  I am going to
try an asus G card here in a bit that seems to have native support
using the ralink 2550 driver on debian testing.  The cards are really
cheap on newegg and I've read success stories with them recently.

--
Michael Perry | Do or do not. There is no try --Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org