Re: Video-in on laptop

Eildert Groeneveld <eg@tzv.fal.de> writes:

> does anyone know if it is possible to have a video signal that comes
> out of an AV system on a laptop running debian (Thinkpad T40p) and use
> it instead of a TV set?

Not on any laptop that I am aware of, without adding additional
hardware, and almost certainly not on that particular piece.

If you have a USB2 or IEEE-1394 bus on the machine, any number of
devices exist that allow you to capture analog television and, of
course, then display it in some fashion.

Regards,
        Daniel