Re: CDROM issue on Dell CPxH500

Jim --

I ran into the same problem trying to install Debian (Woody) on my H500 laptop as well.  I went so far as to switch out the cdrom drive and the install still failed to read the CDROM as you described.

I switched the brand of CDR I was using, scaled back the Write Speed (1/2 of the cd-burners full speed) and selected Disk At Once in the burn options.  That got the issue resolved.

Brian Ring

>Hi Jim,

>not all cdrom drives are alike and it might be that some tracks are less effectively burned or read than others. I've >had cd roms that would not play on one but did on another.

>My suggestion: reburn the cdrom (preferably at speed 1x) and try again.

>Regards,

>Rob de Graaf