Re: No sound on Web Pages

Hello,

> WOW...  IT'S FIXED!!!  YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!  :o)  Thanks a ton.
> I'm still relatively new and this has been buggin' me for months!!!
> Here's what I did:

Nice, glad we could help :-)

> I'm using gnome.  I navigated to System Monitor and clicked on it.
> There were 2 tabs: "Process Listing" and "Resource Monitor".  Under
> Process Listing I saw the process "esd" and clicked on "End
> Process".  I then closed Firefox and restarted and bingo!!!!  I have
> audio on my web pages....  Now I have a couple of questions.
>

> Will I have to kill this process every time I boot my box?
> How could I have killed this process from the command line?
> $ kill esd   ????????

I doubt you'll have to. As far as i remember if you have edited that
standard session you can force gnome to not start it anymore... but
i'm not a gnome user, sorry

> Thanks again...  I am very much appreciative.

Not of a problem.

Martin
--
Martin Hauser <mh@alla.franken.de>
GPG-Encrypted mail preferred, KEY: 0D459A72