Re: pcmcia/cardbus issue after 2.6.14 kernel upgrade

On 11/7/05, mikepolniak <mikpolniak@adelphia.net> wrote:
> On 10:06 Mon 07 Nov     , Matt Price wrote:
> > hi folks,
> >
> > --------------------
> > just about every possible pcmcia option seems to be enabled.  ANy
> > hints as to what I might have done wrong here?  Or what the next
> > debugging step would be?  thanks,
>

> I think you have all the necessary CONFIG's, but is the cardmgr daemon
> running (/etc/init.d/pcmcia)?
yeah, it's up and running.  My very old 10 mbps ethernet card works
fine (well, some trouble after resume from suspend, but that's another
issue I think); the wireless card, and a newer NIC (IBM10/100etherjet)
both produce that cardbus-related error, which I guess comes from
yenta (googe locates some patches submitted to the yenta project a
year or so ago).

so possibly the cardbus support is broken in my kernel? seems weird...

matt