Re: external vga -- ibm thinkpad 600e, neomagic driver

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 10:34:47PM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
> If someone can walk me through the basics I'd be very grateful.
> Do I need to add an extra screen, an extra monitor, some kind of a
> switch somewhere in the config... really, I can't tell you how
> much I would appreciate this -- I was absolutely humiliated in
> class today when my laptop wouldn't display on the external vga --
> after all my sweat and tears getting debian to install at all in
> the 24 hours btwn when my laptop busted and when I had to get up
> in front of my students...

Sorry about that...

Anyway, I have a Thinkpad R51 (2883). Video is supported under the
i815 driver. I plug my external monitor in after the machine POSTs;
my BIOS will choose the external as the main video display if it's
plugged in before POST.

--

| jabber:..wcmaier@jabber.ccc.de | email:..........wcmaier@ml1.net |