Re: Is it safe to update to unstable again?

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 02:17, Joe Emenaker wrote:
> However, about a week after the last Debian release, I updated my
> "available" list with dselect and then went to select some packages...
> and dselect promptly informed me that it would be yanking out almost all
> of my kde apps because they conflicted with some new kde libs that were
> going to be installed.

They haven't given the official ok yet, but I use it and it works fine.
KOffice 1.4 has also been uploaded.

I think probably a few kde apps which aren't part of the official kde
distribution may still need to be recompiled but those are rare cases.

Another thing: If you are using udev watch out for the unstable version. It
needs at least kernel 2.6.12 and conflicts with hotplug. (Because it now /is/
hotplug..) :)

Another thing 2: I recommend you use aptitude instead of dselect.

Anders

--
 - Debian/Unstable - KDE 3.4.2 - KMail 1.8.2 -