Re: A notebook for Debian?

Rob Smith wrote:
On Sunday 23 October 2005 5:03 am, Florian Ludwig wrote:

I'm using a old IBM Thinkpad T21. Everything works realy fine! IBM was
the only only company providing good Linux support for thier laptops but
now Lenovo.. I dont know.

I realy recommend to buy a Thinkpad for running Linux (wicht destri ever).

I am using a Compaq Armada M700, and it functions just great. This machine should be available on the used/refurbished market at a fair deal.

And yes, Florian's right, we'll have to see how Lenovo deals with continued support for Linux on ThinkPads. I believe that IBM saw it as a viable and logical outgrowth of their support for Linux on servers. Lenovo doesn't have that concern.

I'm using a second-hand 1GHz Dell Lattitude C610 with DVD R/W and everything
works in debian (i haven't tried the modem or IR). Beware that many IBMs don't
have touch-pads.