Re: zd8156ea

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 13:38 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
<snip>
> Seems to work on my Inspiron, too, though I haven't figured out a safe way
> to wake it (it comes back from resume and then shuts down).

Unable to resume == does not work.  This is how it "works" on my current
laptop as well.  Sorry, but this really does not qualify as working.
That's like saying that a human can fly without wings:  Yeah, you can
travel thru the air, but landing is a real problem.

FWIW, I've heard a lot of reports like this.  Which is the reason why I
made my blanket statement.

-Ian