Re: zd8156ea

alessandro basili wrote:

Thanks a lot for your answer. Do you have any experiences in getting rpm packets on debian? do you think is possible to use a software designed for RedHat on Debian?

Thanks

To my knowledge, it is not possible to use rpm packages on Debian, or use deb packages on non-Debian distributions. I don't know exactly what you meant by a "software designed for Redhat", but there may be a equivalent for Debian. But Red Hat or Fedora-specific tools aren't available usually in other distributions.

Besides, you should give a try of Knoppix which is, as Johannes Wiedersich said, an excellent tool to test your laptop's Linux abilities, as its hardware detection process is quite powerful and accurate.

Regards,

---
François Obada