Re: Netowrk interface ids keep changing order

Koen Vermeer said...
> On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 10:44 +0100, marc wrote:
> > This worked and was very easy to setup, and worked first time -
> > something that I haven't experienced for about three weeks!
>
> It wouldn't be much of a hobby if everything worked out-of-the-box! :-)

Ah, but I bought this laptop to do real work - not that I've done much
these past two weeks :-o At least, not of the paying kind.

Debian on the servers has been great, but this experience has been
'interesting'. I couldn't recommend Linux on a laptop to the masses yet,
but unless folk like us beat it into shape, then it'll never get there.

> > Here's the short HOWTO:
>
> Thanks for the howto; I'm sure other will benefit from it!

:-)

Maybe I should start another thread, but I see in the weekly info that
hotplug is almost officially dead, with udev taking over. I'm
considering removing hotplug and wondered what folk's opinions were on
this.

I'd also be interested on whether folk recommend discover or discover1
or neither.

--
Best,
Marc