Re: whereami, hibernate & ifconfig

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 16:15 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Any ideas?  (Please don't suggest some other network detection scheme - the
> problem is not whereami, it's the fact that the interface needs time to
> settle down before it can be tested, and that's going to be the same no
> matter what detection method I use).

Two comments:
- There are more people experiencing the timeout problem with b44. I
don't know if there is a solution, but search for 'b44 transmit timed
out' and maybe you'll find a solution.
- You might leave some more room for people to help you. IMHO, it's the
combination of a buggy b44 and the way whereami works that bites you.
There may be other 'network detection schemes' that will work even with
the b44 problems. I would suggest ifplugd, but I'm not, because I think
it's what you call a 'network detection scheme'.

Koen