Re: vga=791 nno longer works

On 10/10/05, marc <gmane@auxbuss.com> wrote:
Hi,

This is a bit odd. I've just upgraded my laptop to etch and xorg. Today,
I compiled a new 2.6.13.3 kernel. To my grub entry I added the option,
vga=791, to the kernel line, but now this has the effect of blanking the
screen until the boot process has completed.

My old 2.6.12 kernel still works quite happily with vga=791.

Any idea how to retrieve the "old" behaviour?

first do oldconfig before compiling or check during configuring.

I use 2.6.13 with vga. There may be something wrong in kernel config.
see for these in kernel config
Graphics Support --->
[*] Support for frame-buffer devices
[*] VESA/VGA graphics support