Re: DSL connection

Hello Martina,

On Sunday 09 October 2005 21:44, martina ackermann wrote:
> At home I now have a DSL-connection. When I typ "pump" into the
> root-commandline it answers: e100 : eth0 NIC Link is up 100 Mps Full Duplex
>
> When I open the browser in x-windows and search for the "google" pages
> it will tell me : not found
>
> On the modem (Westell Modell 6100) the Power, Ethernet and DSL lights are
> on.
>
> Anybody have an idea what this means, What I have to look for or do?

How do you connect to the internet now (I guess you're using Windows)? I can
imagine that your DSL modem is not configured as a router (maybe it can't be
used as a router at all), thus "pump" (automatic IP configuration) doesn't
work.

It could be that you have to create a PPTP (or alike) connection in Windows to
get online. Or you've configured your network card with a static IP address.
Have a look how you do it in windows and tell us - then we can can give you
further information on how to set up networking on your debian box.

Kind regards,

   Christian