Re: Securing services on my T40

Eric Cooper wrote:
On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 02:21:32PM +0000, Bob Alexander wrote:

I see quite a few services active on my Thinkpad. Most of them should be usable only from loopback and not on the eth0 interface. I tried looking at inetd.conf but it's empty.

Where do I go to bind some (perl is webmin, exim4 is for local delivery only, apache do not rem but prolly for webmin ?) of these services only on loopback ?

Debian testing.

I think you have to do it on a case-by-case basis, in each server's
configuration file.  For instance, portmap uses /etc/default/portmap,
where you can say
    OPTIONS="-i 127.0.0.1"
Exim4 has the local_interfaces directive.  Apache has the Listen
directive.  You get the idea ....

Yup ... get the idea :(

Maybe tcpwrappers could be a nice band-aid :)

Thanks,
Bob