Re: laptop sendmail

Thanks for your reply Bob. They do provide VPN, but I haven't been able to find out how to do this under Linux. Do you have experience of this working?

best wishes

--Colin

On 10/4/05, Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it> wrote:
Colin Cotter wrote:
> Dear list
>
>    This isn't exclusively laptop related but has arisen precisely
> because my laptop is portable. It is also probably fairly trivial so
> please point me to a web page that explains this stuff -- I have Googled
> fairly extensively though.
>
> My work doesn't give access to their smtp server from outside their
> domain, so I decided to set up sendmail on my machine with my work email
> address so I can send messages from home. However, any self-respecting
> mail server bounces back my email because it says it is from
> localhost.localdomain which is a very good indication that I am sending
> spam.
>
> Does anybody have any experience of how to fix things so this will work?

Colin,
only loosely related to you question: your workplace does not offer some
kind of VPN (IPSEC or wathever) to mobile users ?

Bob