Re: WiFi Problems (It doesn't work properly)

On September 28, 2005 17:27, David R. Litwin wrote:
> > Judging from your q&a you probably shouldn't be running your own dns
> > server.
>
> I am?
>
> Your resolv.conf though refers to your local system.
>
> > You would probably want to change the resolv.conf to point to the dns
> > server
> > of your isp:
> >
> > nameserver <here goes the ip of the dns server of your isp>
>
> I'm not sure what or where this is. I use DSL which seems to do every thing
> automatically. Where can I find this "ip of the dns server of your isp"?
> What would it look like?

If you're accessing the Internet through a little router that's plugged into
your DSL modem then the entry in your resolv.conf is probably fine.  Maybe
check the router's settings and see if there's something like "DNS Relay".
If there is, make sure it's enabled.

What happens when you access the network via a wire?  Same thing?  Or does
everything work fine?

Luca