Re: WiFi Problems (It doesn't work properly)

David R. Litwin wrote:

> My routes? What are these and how can I go about checking them?
> Resolv.confgives
>
> search no-domain-set.bellcanada
> nameserver 192.168.2.1 <http://192.168.2.1>

Judging from your q&a you probably shouldn't be running your own dns server.
Your resolv.conf though refers to your local system.
You would probably want to change the resolv.conf to point to the dns server
of your isp:

nameserver <here goes the ip of the dns server of your isp>

That should do the trick.

> lo no wireless extensions.
>
> eth0 no wireless extensions.
>
> eth1 no wireless extensions.
>
> ath0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:"Litwin"
> Mode:Managed Frequency:2.462 GHz Access Point: 00:0B:23:ED:1F:10
> Bit Rate:36 Mb/s Tx-Power:18 dBm Sensitivity=0/3
> Retry:off RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
> Encryption key:99ED-10CA-0BCE-68CB-9C92-97B8-76 Security mode:open
> Power Management:off
> Link Quality=52/94 Signal level=-43 dBm Noise level=-95 dBm
> Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
> Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
>
> sit0 no wireless extensions.
>
> If you want a look at some thing from iwlist, do ask.

By posting this you have just handed over the key to your front door to the
entire world (You have just made your encryption key public).
Change it to something else QUICKLY!

> Thank you.
>
> --
> ?A watched bread-crumb never boils.
> ?My hover-craft is full of eels.
> ?[...]and that's the he and the she of it.

Best regards
Jan
--
** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g