cpufreq question

Hi,

I'm running Debian 3.1 Sarge on a IBM Thinkpad R51 with kernel
2.6.11-1-686. My CPU is a Intel Pentium M 1700 MHz and i'm using
cpufreqd to change the cpu frequency dynamicly.

When i use my notebook with ac cpufreq-info gives me a range from 213 to
 1700 MHz, without ac i only get a range from 75 to 600 MHz. I'm
wondering why there is such a little range. I looked in my bios settings
and on the first look i didn't find a setting which will cause this
behaviour.

Any ideas where to look further?

TIA,
Arne Lange