Re: double OS?

On Monday 26 September 2005 16:57, Brandon Richards wrote:
> Just to let you know you have to install Windows first and then Linux.
> I am not exactly why this is but I am sure if you do a google search on

The reason is simple: Microsoft just doesn't bother whether there are other OS
installed. You even don't have any chance to avoid Windows behaving like
this.

You don't have to reinstall everything now - your ubuntu is still there. You
just have to reinstall your linux boot loader, most likely grub. You can do
that by booting with a Linux LiveCD, e.g. with Knoppix.

For the exact procedure please google a bit. Normally you just have to boot
with a LiveCD, mount your boot-partition (where /boot is located) and invoke
grub to reinstall itself.

Regards,

   Christian