Re: Suspend-to-ram kills touchpad

Koen wrote:

>I'd say that if you unload all the
>related modules and load them again after resuming, they should
>initialize all the hardware again.

One would think so; but in fact if I modprobe -r psmouse (without suspending),
my touchpad stops working, and modprobe psmouse doesn't restart it, nor does
restarting X; only a reboot. (X won't restart: "could not find core
pointer"). I don't know if this is normal, or specific to my hardware;
perhaps if I could solve this I could also solve the resume problem?

Thanks for your replies,

John