Re: Toshiba Sat. Laptop c2002 CE

* Frederick Royce Perez . <frederickroyceperez@mac.com> [2005-09-24 10:23:32 -0400]:

>      Dave :
>
>     Debian 3.0r5 alp.disc One- Among about five or six of which Roxio
>    Toast shows the earliest being 05/28/2005 . I possess these monuments
>    to stalled pursuit yet . A letter from May 26 spares my eyes this
>    information -Toshiba Satellite PS183U-00C50X-

3.0r5 was the last stable version of Debian before the current one (3.1).
It's installer was problematic, to say the least, for the new user.

I suggest you go here:
<http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/#netinst-stable>
and select the official netinst cd image for the i386 distribution.
It will begin downloading automatically (about 150 MB or so, so go get
some pizza). burn that iso image and do a network (www) installation
of your system.

Your machine appears to be an 1805 series Toshiba, which people have
been successfully running Debian on since two major releases ago, so I
don't see major problems with installing 3.1 (Sarge).

Please let us know how you make out.

Oh, and PS: please send your replies to the list, as it's easier that
way for more eyes to see the conversation.  I get faster response that way...

--
Regards, Dave