Re: Pointers to a Debian cum XOrg installation

Eric Cooper wrote:

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:08:14AM -0400, Matej Cepl wrote:
Just a note -- the current stable Debian distribution is "sarge" not
"woody".

You're right of course.  I always refer to them as stable / testing /
unstable in my sources.list rather than sarge / etch / sid, but I've
seen conflicting recommendations about this.  Is there a Right Way?

It depends on what you want. If you put in stable or testing, then you will track whatever the current stable/testing is, so when etch becomes stable, you will automatically move to etch. If you don't want that, use the names (woody/sarge/etch) and you will stay with that release forever.

Jason Martens