Re: dhclient & switching networks

Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> writes:

> The thing is, I can prevent dhclient from even seeing 192.168.1.1 - but then
> it won't work at home.  I could change the router address at home, so it
> wouldn't conflict, but I'd still run the risk of coming across another
> rogue dhcp server on another address.  In any case, for a first order of
> business, I think I'll put the current lease in my dhclient.conf file and
> see if it helps.

What you could do is run dhcp-relay on your laptop and configure from
the laptop. You'd have to tell the relay where you were of course...

But you're right, it's really a question of getting your sysadmins to
turn the 192 dhcp server off (or at least give you a static mapping on
the 142 dhcp server).

Nic