Re: gnome CPU scaling monitor

You need to set cpufreq-selector as suid root.  To do that run (as
root):
chown root:root /usr/bin/cpufreq-selector
chmod +s /usr/bin/cpufreq-selector.

Then retart gnome-cpufreq-applet.
Note, though, that this can be a security risk because anyone who runs
it runs it as root and can change your cpu frequency easily, and any
bugs will do more damage (I run it with the suid bit set and have no
problems, just warning you though.)

MJD

On 8/22/05, Alejandro Bonilla Beeche <abonilla@linuxwireless.org>