Re: whereami and testmii

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 12:19 -0500, Will Maier wrote:
> [I'm CC'ing John as I don't know if he's subscribed]

I did go ahead and subscribe, immediately before I posted ;)

> On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 12:04:09PM -0500, John Fettig wrote:
> > I realize this is a Debian list, but the package info for whereami suggests
> > writing this list, so here I am ;)  I have a strong suspicion that this
> > problem exists in the debian package as well.
> Thanks for taking the time to report the bug -- please consider going one step
> further and using Debian's bugzilla to report it. Actually, if you're *not*
> sure that the problem occurs in Debian's package (which I infer from your last
> paragraph), please consider filing a bug with Ubuntu's bugtracker
> (bugzilla.ubuntu.com). There don't appear to be any bugs filed against
> Ubuntu's whereami package yet...if it's apparent that Ubuntu hasn't introduced
> the bug into the package, Debian can begin fixing it.

I will do that (file with Ubuntu's bugtracker).  In my overzeal to be
heard, I also emailed the package maintainer (who I believe is also the
developer of whereami, Andrew McMillan).  Thanks for pointing me in the
right direction.

As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake
the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to
remake ourselves. -- Mohandas Gandhi