Re: ATI Radeon 9600 (RV350) on Toshiba M30X-159

Il giorno mar, 16/08/2005 alle 09.06 +0200, Tobias Krais ha scritto:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> > fglrx: module license 'Proprietary. (C) 2002 - ATI Technologies,
> > Starnberg, GERMANY' taints kernel.
> > [fglrx] Maximum main memory to use for locked dma buffers: 804 MBytes.
> > ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:00.0[A] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 193
> > [fglrx:firegl_stub_register] *ERROR* Unable to the open some already
> > present DRM kernel module!
> >
> > I have DRM compiled as a module.
> >
> > Could somebody help me sorting out what I am doing the wrong way?
>
> Yes I can :-). I had the same problem. Trough the DRM stuff out of your
> Kernel. Here is my Kernel config:
> http://www.design-to-use.de/linux/amilo_a1630/radeon9700.php
> It's a German site, but you'll find the important things.
>
> Greetings, Tobias

Tobias your configuration was illuminating. I was able to compile and
install the module. One more question: Flavio suggests to disable
framebuffer while you have it enabled is it correct? I wuold like to
have enable boot splash enabled into my kernel but it requires the
framebuffer.

TIA
Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it  http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.