From: Frans Pop [mailto:aragorn@tiscali.nl]
Sent: 13 August 2005 17:15
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Cc: Marc Lawrence
Subject: Re: Load Installer Components Fails on Inspiron 7500

On Saturday 13 August 2005 17:04, Marc Lawrence wrote:
> Load Installer Components from CD fails
> There was a problem reading data from the CD rom, please make sure it
> is in the drive. If retrying does not work check the integrity of your
> CDROM. Retry?

The problem is probably not with your CD but with the installation system
not recognizing your CD drive controller.

Have you tried booting the installer with 'linux26' (to use a 2.6.8 kernel
instead of the default 2.4.27 kernel)?

If your laptop has a SATA controller you may want to check:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/index#errata

See also the project page for the installation system:
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer

Cheers,
FJP