Please consider attached message! -- Brice Méalier email@example.com Linux user nb. 372699 Debian GNU/Linux testing ----- "Unix IS user friendly, it is just selective about who his friends are"
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: OSS device "/dev/dsp" is already in use by another program
- From: "Jon D. Irish" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:12:23 -0700 (PDT)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>I just finished compiling a 220.127.116.11 kernel to support the sound card in my Dell Optiplex GX270; however, when I try to play audio via Music Player, I keep getting a "OSS device "/dev/dsp" is already in use by another program" error. I have verified that there are no other programs running at the time, so what else would be using the device?TIA,Jon
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
--- End Message ---