[irishjd@yahoo.com: OSS device "/dev/dsp" is already in use by another program]

Please consider attached message!

--
Brice Méalier
mealier_brice@yahoo.fr
Linux user nb. 372699
Debian GNU/Linux testing
-----
"Unix IS user friendly, it is just selective about who his friends are"
--- Begin Message ---
I just finished compiling a 2.6.12.4 kernel to support the sound card in my Dell Optiplex GX270; however, when I try to play audio via Music Player, I keep getting a "OSS device "/dev/dsp" is already in use by another program" error. I have verified that there are no other programs running at the time, so what else would be using the device?

TIA,
Jon