Re: Toshiba Laptop, ACPI, Phoenix Bios

Peter Meier wrote:

2004, M30X-122

I have a Toshiba laptop from the same era with a phoenix bios that is running sarge. Basically, you don't need the toshiba_acpi module, just the stock standard acpi.

That and acpid seem to work perfectly for me.

Arjen Verweij wrote:

What year and model is your laptop?

Peter Meier wrote:

Hi guys,

I'd tried to install Sarge on a Toshiba Laptop with a Phoenix Bios
(SM30X).

If I try to load the Toshiba specific kernel module, I'll get the
error message: Device not found.

During some search in the internet, I found some posting that it is
not possible to use ACPI with a Phoenix Bios.
But some others posted it should work.

How is your experience? Do you have any advice?

Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards