Stall During Debian Sarge Install

Installing from laterst network-install CD, the following happens:

Intalling on a Thinkpad T42*in a new partition of more than sufficient size to hold the install. The install proceeds past prompts and starts downloading from http mirror at MIT. Then, the download stalls around "Get: 180," sometimes earlier. Disk accesses stop and the system just dies, requiring a hard boot. I see 15423 files in 217 Mb (9% of hda13 used). and am able to see (from another OS - SuSE linux, mounting the debian partition) /var/log/debian-installer but no messages pop out in the logs I've looked at.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

/Roger

*I know there is a thinkpad list