Re: X-windows Problems with firefox install connections???

You are probably using 2.2, which I have no experience with.  Try upgrading to 2.4 if possible, with the following command:
apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-1-386
(You will need to reboot.)
That will bring you up to 2.4, and then you may want to upgrade to sarge, the latest stable, and get 2.6.  However with the 2.4 you will probably fair better.  Try the upgrade and then loading the modules.