Re: Best "network manager"

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 08:57 -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:

> Is anyone doing something in a similar way, yet automated -- or
> perhaps has a better suggestion?  I haven't looked at it yet, but I
> suppose SMTP AUTH or some other authentication method would be less
> work when connecting from different locations.

A tunnel/VPN or SMTP Authentication is becoming more and more essential
as more sites begin to validate SPF.  Eventually (hopefully) everyone
will have to send email through the responsible MTA.

Openvpn is a simple-but-good solution to site access and wouldn't offer
too much of an additional burden before sending mail.  The difficulty
(or not) of adding SMTP AUTH is dependent on the MTA in use - personally
I use both these solutions.