Re: memory stick

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 11:29:24PM +0200, Colin Cotter wrote:
} I ran hwinfo and got some information which is at the bottom of this
} email. Is the problem something to do with the partition (#42?).
}
} all the best
}

Colin,

I can't help you too much with the partition type, but if you do choose
to format the partition again, and you want it a FAT/FAT16 filesystem,
you might consider trying to locate a Windows system to perform the
format on.

I attempted it on my Linux workstation, and without the right flags,
managed to get a 128MB thumb disk recognized as a FAT16 filesystm close
to 2TB in size. Needless to say, something went awry. Beside this
downfall, you might be able to mount the drive on a Windows system to
archive off any data there that you might want to retain.

--

D. Frye
dafr AT peakpeak.com