Re: Speedstep problem: empty /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0

On 7/5/05, Richard Lupton <r.lupton@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for your help. However, using speedstep-ich has the same result:

% sudo modprobe speedstep-ich
FATAL: Error inserting speedstep_ich
(/lib/modules/2.6.12.2/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/speedstep- ich.ko):
No such device

I managed to get that module to load by loading another module in that folder.  I just happen to be using windows right now, so unforunately i don't know the name of it.  Try loading other modules  (not speedstep-*.ko)  One should let you load that one.