LESS for reading, and VI for editing, but not working anymore

Hi

Always, when I read a file, I type for example

less /etc/acpi/acpi

And in LESS,  I can press "v" and I will get into vi for editing. It was
very fne upuntil now, but nowdays I was removing quite a few packages,
and suddenly when I press "v" inside "less" I will get mc's (Midnight
Commander) editor, which is the blue screen. I really prefer hi the real
good old "vi" for editing. How can I put it back? By the way, "vi" is
still installed (nvi) and I can execute it like

vi /etc/acpi/acpi

Why less wont use vi as it's editor anymore?

Thanks

Ben