ACPI suspend resume trouble

Hello, I'm also keen to get suspend/resume working! I am running
Debian gnu/linux on a Fujitsu Lifebook S7010 using ACPI.

The script is

echo -n "mem" > /sys/power/state

In any init level what happens is the screen blanks and gives a whole
bunch of ACPI suspend commands (not sure where to look for them
afterwards), then it immediately wakes up again.

There is a webpage which claims to have this working on the same laptop:

http://www.icculus.org/%7Ephaethon/notebook/lifebooks7010.html

I can't work out what I am doing differently!

Anybody with any experience with this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

--cjc