Re: Alsa, strange problems

* Martin Jenewein <jetii@utanet.at> [050622 08:57]:
> But how can i change the boot configuration to unload
> snd_intel8x0m? (it#s not in /etc/modules)

Hi, Martin

First, the snd_intel8x0m module is not a sound module; it's a modem
module (because the same chip has sound and modem capabilities). If you
read the Alsa docs, it say in some place you need to load this module
AFTER the snd_intel8x0 sound module if you want to have sound.

I think the module it's been loaded by hotplug on boot; so, you need to
"blacklist" this module. The better way is to put a file ("alsa-modem"
for example), in /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d with the name of the module
(snd_intel8x0m) in it. The next boot this module will not be loaded.

Cheers,
--
David