Re: Floppy installation

TOPMANN (Torben Pollmann) <topmann@gmx.ch>:
>  Laurent CARON wrote:
> > jean-jaques@women-at-work.org a écrit :
> >
> >> I have a pretty old Toshiba Sattelite laptop. It doesn't have a NIC
> >> and it
> >> doesn't have a cd drive either. I was wondering if it is possible to
> >> get a
> >> complete floppy installation of a debian system. I already have the boot
> >> floppy and the root floppy.
> >
> > You can boot a netinstall with a floppy (packages are fetched over the
> > network).
>
>  Laurent, did you read the question at all?

What a rude answer!

Yes, it can be done.  It's going to take a while over POTS dialup, but
it's certainly possible.  If you can hang it off a phone line you
don't care about being tied up for a few days, it'll work.

Is there no way of getting a NIC in this machine?  If that could be
done, you could slurp it all from another local machine that has a
faster connection.

(*)           http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling   Linux Counter #80292
- -           http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
    Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/autospam.html