Re: LVM on notebook

Am Mittwoch, den  8. Juni hub Ritesh Raj Sarraf folgendes in die Tasten:

> > I have it running for two years now and enjoyed it when I wanted to
> > merge two volumes to maximize "real" usage space for user data.
> > I just hade to make a copy of the data, delete one LV, extended the
> > other and copied back. done.

> Doesn't make much sense then. This "copy and paste" can be achieved with
> normal partitioning also.

I did only make a backup copy of both and then copied *one* of the
backups on the Volume I extended.
This is not possible with partitions.

With normal partitions you have to backup both, repartitions, and
restore both.

> Has anyone done LVM resizing on the fly which is supported in LVM2 ?

ciao
Max
--
	Follow the white penguin.