Re: Wrong res, no 3D acceleration

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 09:19 am, Paul Puschmann wrote:

> Rebooted? What for?

I assumed that I needed to restart X after editing the X config file and
couldn't remember the key combo to do it (Ctrl- alt-delete? Ctrl-alt-escape?)

> What graphic card do you have? And out "of the box" can't be true for
> 3d-graphics.

Here's a link to the site claiming the guy got 3D acceleration working "out of
the box" with Debian testing on an R40.
http://www.geocities.com/tivarsson/linux.html

My graphics card is an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500. Info that I've found
indicates that I should use the "radeon" driver rather than the more generic
"ati" driver to get 3D acceleration.

- Elmer