Re: Wrong res, no 3D acceleration

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 12:53 am, Paul Puschmann wrote:
> Elmer E. Dow wrote:
> > I installed Debian Sarge on an IBM R40 laptop. I have Knoppix and WinXP
> > Pro on the other partitions. The problem I encountered during the
> > installation was the screen not being configured correctly. The correct
> > resolution is 1024 x 768, but it was configured at 640 x 480. Also, 3D
> > acceleration did not work, though I've read reports of that working out
> > of the box on an R40.
> >
> > I did the quick and easy option of stealing the XFree86Config-4 file from
> > Knoppix. Display is fine, but still no 3D acceleration and it needs to be
> > cleaned up by having unneeded lines deleted (such as some of the font
> > addresses and possibly ModeLines?).
>
> Add
> Option          "IgnoreEDID"            "1"
> to the section "Device".
>
> Paul
> --
Thanks for the suggestion. I just added that line to the config file and
rebooted. No change. TuxRacer is still way too slow to be usable. 3D
acceleration worked fine when I used it on this machine under Red Hat 9. I
should have saved that config file before replacing it with Sarge.

Anything else I should try? Should I try dpkg-reconfigure?

- Elmer