Re: R4025 Laptop

On 6/5/05, Michael 'DayWalker' Klug <mr.daywalker@tiscali.de> wrote:
> > Thanks for the info.  I tried 'debian-installer/framebuffer=false' and
> > found it to have no effect on my computer.  The option that I am using
> > is 'video=vga16:off' and that seems to work.
>
> Maybe you should try "nofb" as kernelparameter.
> That worked for me.
>

> --

Alright, I got things a little more sorted out now. I was using a
(really) old debian CD that I burned a while ago, sarge r1 I think.
Now I got the latest amd64 sid netinstall cd from amd64.debian.net.

Now debian-installer/framebuffer=false works.  However, it still
hangs, and looks all messed up (the Chinese characters look like
little squares instead, and the menu is misaligned)

I figured out that the menu comes up OK if I use 'linux vga=771'
However, it still locks up solid at the menu to select a keyboard.

I used DEBCONF_DEBUG=5 and BOOT_DEBUG=1, and I can see that right
before it goes to the menu it has a FATAL error, but it vanishes
before I can read it.  The pause key doesn't work, either.

I tried some other boot menu options, but nothing seems to help.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Chris